...that you've seen, of course. I've seen most of them, and it seems the only ones I haven't are the weak links.
1) Better Call Saul (season 3) 9/10 2) The Handmaid's Tale (season 1) 9/10 3) The Crown (season 1) 9/10 4) Westworld (season 1) 8.5/10 5) Stranger Things (season 1) 8/10
I never liked House of Cards and gave up after two and a bit seasons, and all I've heard is 5 is the worst yet. Doesn't seem like I'm missing out on much. As for This is Us, it just looks like pure garbage.
Post by FrancescoAbides on Aug 18, 2017 18:27:50 GMT
1 - Better Call Saul 2 - The Crown 3 - Westworld 4 - Stranger Things 5 - This is Us 6 - House of Cards
This year is kinda weak, still need to see The Handmaid´s Tale of course. Better Call Saul is flawless, The Crown is a solid drama, Westworld is promising, Stranger Things is entertaining, This is Us is alright and House of Cards is...
1. Better Call Saul 2. Stranger Things 3. The Crown 4. Westworld 5. House of Cards
A rather big discrepancy in quality between the third and fourth choices. The top trio are all incredible and among the best drama series on television at the moment (with BCS giving The Americans a run for its money for the very best). Westworld was super disappointing and I've only come to dislike it more in retrospect. It's fine, I'll stick with it, but that first season was borderline disastrous. House of Cards had a mediocre-at-best season and isn't a great series overall other than the first and fourth seasons.
Still really need to catch The Handmaid's Tale. I feel sort of obligated to check out This is Us because of its acclaim and popularity, but honestly I remember seeing the promos before it premiered and immediately thinking, "Wow, now that's something that's getting cancelled after four episodes." The fact that it's become such a huge show is baffling to me, it looks like sappy soap opera garbage.
1. The Crown 2. Stranger Things 3. Better Call Saul 4. The Handmaid's Tale 5. House of Cards 6. Westworld
Top 3 are amazing. I was a little let down by the 4th, but if I'd never read the book I probably would have loved it unreservedly? It was really good. I enjoyed House of Cards plenty, and Westworld was fine, but its sense of self importance just weighed on me heavily.
1. Better Call Saul- 10/10. Just when I think the show can't get any better, it does. Chicanery is one of the best episodes of television I've ever seen. Even though it's a prequel, there's still a surprising amount of tension and all of the actors are excellent.
2. The Handmaid's Tale- 9.5/10. Definitely the best thing Hulu has ever done. Elisabeth Moss is phenomenal and the rest of the cast is pretty solid too. The world-building is equal parts fascinating and horrifying. There's a real sense of danger in every scene in this world.
3. Stranger Things- 9/10. A super fun show. All of the actors are a lot of fun to watch, both the adults and children. It's obviously a bit derivative, but the show is such a blast to watch that I don't even care.
4. Westworld- 8.5/10. A really ambitious show that suffers from some predictable plotting. However, the acting is excellent and the moral conflicts remain thought-provoking.
5. The Crown- 8.5/10. Pretty superbly made show. The production values are incredible, the actors bring a lot of depth to their characters, and the show does a good job at making some of the...wealthy people problems feel engaging and have stakes. I'm not the biggest fan of the genre so it's not my favorite show for that reason, but I do greatly respect the show.
6. This is Us- 8/10. Sometimes a bit melodramatic and contrived, but other times it brings some really good genuine drama. It's also kinda refreshing seeing a show that's just about normal people with normal lives. Ron Cephas Jones is definitely MVP. I really got attached to his character more and more with every episode. Sterling K. Brown is also really good.
7. House of Cards- 7.5/10. Probably the weakest season to date. Some of the plot developments feel a bit forced but the show still remains generally entertaining to watch.