Post by urbanpatrician on Jul 18, 2020 10:03:44 GMT
One of the rare (if not only year) where the actual winner of the main 6 categories (Picture, Director, Actor, Actress, Supporting Actor, and Supporting Actress) were all my least favorite of the nominees. I've seen 18 acting nominees of the year and all of the Best Picture and Director nominees. I used to like Bugsy and JFK, but a rewatch took both out of my Top 10 and stripped most of the nominations I gave them except for 2 supporting actors.
1. Queen of Diamonds 2. Terminator 2: Judgment Day 3. The Comb 4. My Own Private Idaho 5. Thelma and Louise 6. Cape Fear 7. Beauty and the Beast 8. The Prince of Tides 9. Raise the Red Lantern 10. Boyz n the Hood
1. River Phoenix - My Own Private Idaho 2. Nick Nolte - The Prince of Tides 3. Robert DeNiro - Cape Fear 4. Nick Nolte - Cape Fear 5. Val Kilmer - The Doors
1. Tinka Menkes - Queen of Diamonds 2. Gong Li - Raise the Red Lantern 3. Barbara Streisand - The Prince of Tides 4. Angelica Huston - The Addams Family 5. Susan Sarandon - Thelma and Louise
(pretty strong year where I can't fit in Geena Davis)
1. Samuel L. Jackson - Jungle Fever 2. Keanu Reeves - My Own Private Idaho 3. Woody Harrelson - Doc Hollywood 4. Tommy Lee Jones - JFK 5. Gary Oldman - JFK
1. Béatrice Dalle - Night on Earth 2. Tilda Swinton - Edward II 3. Juliette Lewis - Cape Fear 4. Christina Ricci - The Addams Family 5. Kate Nelligan - The Prince of Tides