By far the most polarising category. They either rock or they suck balls. But still, this is the only category with actually great winners.
1. Olivia Colman. Absolutely devastating. Amongst the best performances of the decade or even all time.
2. Brie Larson. Incredibly moving. Tremblay delivered a defining performance in Room and he could haven't done it without Larson.
3. Julianne Moore. A perfect example of a basic-ass pedestrian film elevated by a powerhouse actress. One of the most grounded and honest performances of the decade. 4. Cate Blanchett. While I don't adore it as much as I used to it's still fantastic work. 5. Emma Stone. Her 2nd best performance after The Favourite.
6. Frances McDormand. I see why some would hail this as an all-timer but it just didn't click with me. Technically she's 100% on point but I just don't love it.
7. Renee Zellweger. Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
8. Jennifer Lawrence. Such an annoying film. Both her on-screen and off-screen personas are fucking off-putting. 9. Meryl Streep. I don't think I've ever finished the whole film. It's that bad. A demonstration of how dry Meryl is in most of her recent (and some of her early) output. 10. Natalie Portman. And this I wish I had never finished. Just god awful in every single way.
Last Edit: Feb 10, 2020 17:51:41 GMT by stabcaesar
1) Olivia Colman, The Favourite 2) Cate Blanchett, Blue Jasmine 3) Frances McDormand, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri 4) Emma Stone, La La Land 5) Meryl Streep, The Iron Lady 6) Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook 7) Brie Larson, Room 8) Julianne Moore, Still Alice
Still need to see Julianne Moore's, but ZERO interest in seeing Meryl Streep's (I worship her as much as the next guy, but I don't wanna see a positive portrayal of that evil cunt Thatcher any more than I wanna see one of Kissinger).
You breathe a word of this, to anyone, you mincing fucking CUNT, and I will tear your fucking skin off, I will wear it to your mother's birthday party, and I will rub your nuts up and down her leg whilst whistling Bohemian fucking Rhapsody, right?!